Iceland’s increasing popularity creates a dilemma for travel photographers. You want to see Iceland and experience the wilderness, but you don’t want a bus full of people walking into your shot.
This detour is designed for people who want a bit of peace and quiet to practice their Landscape and Nature Photography. The idea is to take you through the back roads to nice, relatively unexplored Iceland. The main tourist routes are well established. This detour aims to avoid these routes giving you an experience of quieter roads and locations.
The locations are not listed here to prevent tourists copying us!
This could be an ideal introduction to photographing Iceland. Customers will have the time and space to learn photographic skills from one of our professional photography guides. Great photographs don’t necessarily need huge waterfalls and incredible mountains.
Take us away from the tourists
Tourist free zones
Shared photo tours cannot be confirmed with less than 4 passengers. They are run in an SUV or minibus with a professional photography/driver. Maximum passengers = 8. A single ticket is for 1 passenger. A twin ticket is for 2 passengers.
Private tours are confirmed quickly and they can be shared with other passengers. The price is for up to 4 passengers, if your group is larger than 4 please select 2 private tours (or more) or standard tour tickets.
8-10 hours (flexible)
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik hotels.
- Everyone welcome.
- All tours are flexible.
- Pro photo guides
Looking for something longer?
Summer: The photo tour may start early afternoon in Summer. This trip may involve shooting through the night hours (20.00-02.00) and returning to Reykjavik early morning during Mid-Summer. We will revert to daylight hours through August.
Winter: Regular morning starts from 07.30 – 09.30 for most of the Winter.
Why book with us?
- Established 2010 – at the same time as the Eyjafjallajokull Volcanic eruption
- All our guides are experienced photographers and tour operators. They are fully licensed and registered with the Icelandic Tourist board.
- We are connected to many other Iceland tour companies, so we can really tailor your tour to suit your needs.
- We use licensed Icelandic Travel agents – Aurora Hunters. ehf to solve your hotel needs.
- All our Winter photo tours provide micro-spike style crampons for slippery surfaces.