Category: Night & Northern Lights
Please find Technical articles discussing Night photography techniques & camera settings for capturing stars, Northern lights and landscapes. These articles look at any type of photography that is created at night. Night photos can be made in the Nature or in the city or sometimes with a blend of the natural and human made.
There is a lot going on in the night skies. Low cloud could be absorbing the city lights. A full sky of stars with no moon or light pollution can lead to spectacular photos. Powerful, modern cameras can allow us to see heavenly clusters such as the Milky Way with more clarity than the naked eye experience. Longer exposures can leave star trails which can give your pictures a creative twist.
If you have the patience for the long exposure times it take to expose a night landscape, you will uncover secrets in the dark. This is low light photography at it's most extreme and you better get the composition, focus and exposure right before pressing the shutter.
These technical articles include photo examples of Night photography in Iceland. Camera settings and gear recommendations will get you started on your journey into Night photography, while the background stories will inspire you to take your camera out in the darkness.
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland : Jokulsarlon Reds Photo Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos36.72 GBPThis photo was taken on a beautiful evening on the banks of Jokulsarlon the glacier lake - in South Iceland. The sun was setting behind the glacier and all the clouds lit up red. This spectacle was reflected in the glacier lagoon.This Iceland landscape print has a partly glossy, partly matte finish and it'll […]
- Iceland : Gullfoss Waterfall on Canvas by IcelandAuroraPhotos67.00 GBPGullfoss waterfall is the largest waterfall in Iceland. What you see in this photograph is just the lower falls, there is a large complex of cascading waterfalls behind me. This is a very dangerous place to be taking photos. Everything is covered in thick ice on this January morning and one slip and I […]
- Blue wing (glacier ice) - Archival Matte Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos21.25 GBPWinter sunrise on the diamond ice beach at Jokulsarlon, Iceland. The rising sun fills the scene with warm light and the blue iceberg is a nice contrast against the black sand beach.Museum-quality poster made on long-lasting matte (uncoated) archival paper.- Paper-weight: 250 gsm / 110 lb- Shipped in sturdy packaging protecting the posterPrinted and […]