Category: Processing Techniques
Please find Technical articles for learning Adobe's image editing software such as Lightroom and Photoshop and applying the skills to landscape photographs. Post-processing skills are very different from actual photography, but learning image editing skills will inspire new camera skills out in the field. These post-processing tutorials include step by step procedures as well as images to illustrate some of the more technical processes.
Photoshop is a powerful image editing software with a huge number of editing tools. It allows for multi-layer editing which gives you a lot of control over selected area of an image. Photoshop is a pixel editor, so it is possible to adjust the levels and colours of individual pixels if you wish, or you can make whole image adjustments.
Lightroom RAW editor
Adobe Lightroom is a RAW converter and whole picture editor. It has some useful tools to allow you to adjust small parts of an image and plenty of plugins and presets to help you develop a speedy image editing workflow. Lightroom also organises yur files and connects to online photo sites, such as SmugMug and flickr.
I love visiting Goðafoss Waterfall in the late Summer. The sunset colours work so well with this dynamic, North Iceland waterfall. I was facing West around 20.30 on this September evening on a tour around Iceland.Read More
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland : Jokulsarlon Reds Photo Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos36.72 GBPThis photo was taken on a beautiful evening on the banks of Jokulsarlon the glacier lake - in South Iceland. The sun was setting behind the glacier and all the clouds lit up red. This spectacle was reflected in the glacier lagoon.This Iceland landscape print has a partly glossy, partly matte finish and it'll […]
- Iceland : Gullfoss Waterfall on Canvas by IcelandAuroraPhotos67.00 GBPGullfoss waterfall is the largest waterfall in Iceland. What you see in this photograph is just the lower falls, there is a large complex of cascading waterfalls behind me. This is a very dangerous place to be taking photos. Everything is covered in thick ice on this January morning and one slip and I […]
- Blue wing (glacier ice) - Archival Matte Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos21.25 GBPWinter sunrise on the diamond ice beach at Jokulsarlon, Iceland. The rising sun fills the scene with warm light and the blue iceberg is a nice contrast against the black sand beach.Museum-quality poster made on long-lasting matte (uncoated) archival paper.- Paper-weight: 250 gsm / 110 lb- Shipped in sturdy packaging protecting the posterPrinted and […]