Category: Landscape photography
A collection of photos, articles and tutorials all about Iceland landscape photography. These photo tutorials include cameras, lenses, camera settings, composition, sharpness and tricks for getting great exposures. Even if you are highly experienced and know all the techniques, landscapes can really test the key technical aspects of photography.
Composition in landscape photography is perhaps more critical than it is in other forms of photography. The chaos in Nature makes composition challenging in some scenes where the photographer has to restore some visual order. There are rules of composition and many of these rules break other rules of composition. There are tricks you can learn to help you see like an artist and these can help both with landscape composition and post-processing decisions.
Focus & Sharpness
Focus can be critical in the taking of a quality Landscape photograph. Viewers of the final print will be the ultimate judge of sharpness. Getting the balance between adequate Depth of field and a high quality aperture requires a bit of technical guidance. When you consider Depth of field in visual art, then aperture becomes the brush. Iceland landscapes have such a variety of textures that deserve good sharpness and some subjects that will need a manual focus, read more about intelligent focusing here.
Mastering exposure in Landscape photography will take every aspect of your photography to the next level. But landscape photography throws every exposure challenge at you. When the sky and the landscape have big exposure differences, it is good to know about filters and techniques to get the best out of the scene. From high dynamic scenes to low light situations with very long exposures, landscape photography in Iceland tests all your exposure skills. For advanced exposure control check out my Magic Cloth Technique in the guide to Long Exposure Photography.
Landscape photography articles
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland : Glacier Lagoon 252 Piece Puzzle by IcelandAuroraPhotos27.19 GBPIcebergs on the Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon in Iceland.Customize your own puzzle to create another fun moment. These are available in 11x14 inches. The included images will be sublimated on chipboard material, then finished in satin. This diecut puzzle board comes contained in a stylish metal tin. The game’s 252 precisely interlocking pieces make an […]
- Iceland : Frozen Gullfoss waterfall Samsung Case by IcelandAuroraPhotos14.00 GBPThe incredible beauty of Iceland's Gullfoss waterfall in the middle of a cold cold Winter.This sleek Samsung case protects your phone from scratches, dust, oil, and dirt. It has a solid back and flexible sides that make it easy to take on and off, with precisely aligned cuts and holes. • BPA free Hybrid […]
- Iceland : Night of Ghosts on Canvas by IcelandAuroraPhotos86.18 GBPGreen Northern Lights with a fabulous reflection over the Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon on Canvas. Add a touch of Iceland and some brilliant Aurora Borealis to your interior space. • Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)• Fade-resistant• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars• […]