Category: Magic Cloth Technique
MAGIC CLOTH PHOTOGRAPHY
The Magic Cloth Technique is a long exposure photography technique that allows the photographer to control exposure to different parts of a scene to extend the dynamic range of a photograph.
Please find below a bunch of Magic Cloth Photography tutorials. They are in no particular order at the moment, but I hope to be categorising everything later.
WHERE TO START
The original article gives you an introduction to the technique, but as the art requires physical movement, it is so much easier to watch one of the Videos to begin with. It is a very simple idea, but whenever I try to write about it it seems very complex. So my strong recommendation is to watch the videos and then use the blog tutorials as a reference.
I was trying to triangulate the 3 main subjects. The middle iceberg was a bit too close to the center but getting closer to the nearest piece of ice allowed me to form a triangle.Read More
I love visiting Goðafoss Waterfall in the late Summer. The sunset colours work so well with this dynamic, North Iceland waterfall. I was facing West around 20.30 on this September evening on a tour around Iceland.Read More
This is the best place you could possibly stand to photograph the Northern lights. Once you have captured floating glacier icebergs with an aurora reflecting in the still lake, it is difficult to top.Read More
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland : Jokulsarlon Reds Photo Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos36.72 GBPThis photo was taken on a beautiful evening on the banks of Jokulsarlon the glacier lake - in South Iceland. The sun was setting behind the glacier and all the clouds lit up red. This spectacle was reflected in the glacier lagoon.This Iceland landscape print has a partly glossy, partly matte finish and it'll […]
- Iceland : Gullfoss Waterfall on Canvas by IcelandAuroraPhotos67.00 GBPGullfoss waterfall is the largest waterfall in Iceland. What you see in this photograph is just the lower falls, there is a large complex of cascading waterfalls behind me. This is a very dangerous place to be taking photos. Everything is covered in thick ice on this January morning and one slip and I […]
- Blue wing (glacier ice) - Archival Matte Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos21.25 GBPWinter sunrise on the diamond ice beach at Jokulsarlon, Iceland. The rising sun fills the scene with warm light and the blue iceberg is a nice contrast against the black sand beach.Museum-quality poster made on long-lasting matte (uncoated) archival paper.- Paper-weight: 250 gsm / 110 lb- Shipped in sturdy packaging protecting the posterPrinted and […]