Category: Magic Cloth Image Focus
MAGIC CLOTH PHOTOGRAPHY
The Magic Cloth Technique is a long exposure photography technique that allows the photographer to control exposure to different parts of a scene to extend the dynamic range of a photograph.
Please find below a bunch of Magic Cloth Photography tutorials. They are in no particular order at the moment, but I hope to be categorising everything later.
WHERE TO START
The original article gives you an introduction to the technique, but as the art requires physical movement, it is so much easier to watch one of the Videos to begin with. It is a very simple idea, but whenever I try to write about it it seems very complex. So my strong recommendation is to watch the videos and then use the blog tutorials as a reference.
I was trying to triangulate the 3 main subjects. The middle iceberg was a bit too close to the center but getting closer to the nearest piece of ice allowed me to form a triangle.Read More
I love visiting Goðafoss Waterfall in the late Summer. The sunset colours work so well with this dynamic, North Iceland waterfall. I was facing West around 20.30 on this September evening on a tour around Iceland.Read More
This is the best place you could possibly stand to photograph the Northern lights. Once you have captured floating glacier icebergs with an aurora reflecting in the still lake, it is difficult to top.Read More
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland : Glacier Lagoon 252 Piece Puzzle by IcelandAuroraPhotos27.19 GBPIcebergs on the Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon in Iceland.Customize your own puzzle to create another fun moment. These are available in 11x14 inches. The included images will be sublimated on chipboard material, then finished in satin. This diecut puzzle board comes contained in a stylish metal tin. The game’s 252 precisely interlocking pieces make an […]
- Iceland : Frozen Gullfoss waterfall Samsung Case by IcelandAuroraPhotos14.00 GBPThe incredible beauty of Iceland's Gullfoss waterfall in the middle of a cold cold Winter.This sleek Samsung case protects your phone from scratches, dust, oil, and dirt. It has a solid back and flexible sides that make it easy to take on and off, with precisely aligned cuts and holes. • BPA free Hybrid […]
- Iceland : Night of Ghosts on Canvas by IcelandAuroraPhotos86.18 GBPGreen Northern Lights with a fabulous reflection over the Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon on Canvas. Add a touch of Iceland and some brilliant Aurora Borealis to your interior space. • Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)• Fade-resistant• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars• […]