Category: Magic Cloth Technique
MAGIC CLOTH PHOTOGRAPHY
The Magic Cloth Technique is a long exposure photography technique that allows the photographer to control exposure to different parts of a scene to extend the dynamic range of a photograph.
Please find below a bunch of Magic Cloth Photography tutorials. They are in no particular order at the moment, but I hope to be categorising everything later.
WHERE TO START
The original article gives you an introduction to the technique, but as the art requires physical movement, it is so much easier to watch one of the Videos to begin with. It is a very simple idea, but whenever I try to write about it it seems very complex. So my strong recommendation is to watch the videos and then use the blog tutorials as a reference.
I was trying to triangulate the 3 main subjects. The middle iceberg was a bit too close to the center but getting closer to the nearest piece of ice allowed me to form a triangle.Read More
I love visiting Goðafoss Waterfall in the late Summer. The sunset colours work so well with this dynamic, North Iceland waterfall. I was facing West around 20.30 on this September evening on a tour around Iceland.Read More
This is the best place you could possibly stand to photograph the Northern lights. Once you have captured floating glacier icebergs with an aurora reflecting in the still lake, it is difficult to top.Read More
- Beginner's Guide
- Blog, blog, blog
- Cameras & Lenses
- Glacier Ice
- Iceland Blog
- Landscape photography
- Limited Edition
- Long exposure photography
- Magic Cloth Image Focus
- Magic Cloth Technique
- Night & Northern Lights
- Photography Tutorials
- Photos in Focus
- Processing Techniques
- The psychology of photography
- Video Projects
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get regular updates of new tour dates, special offers, and last minute deals.
- Iceland Waterfall Wall Art - Kirkjufellsfoss Waterfall Kirkjufell Mountain - Large Aluminium or Archival Matte Print by IcelandAuroraPhotos22.00 GBPThis waterfall wall art is available as an Archive Poster or Aluminium Print in 2 large sizes. The combination of a waterfall pool and mountain is incredible at Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall. Kirkjufell mountain is almost silhouetted against the summer evening sky. The red of the clouds is reflected throughout the watery landscape. I made this […]
- Iceland Seascape Print, Museum Matte, Aluminium Print - Vattarnes Sea Cliffs, East Iceland Coastline by IcelandAuroraPhotos22.00 GBPThis beautiful landscape photo was taken on the sea cliffs at Vattarnes on the East Coast of Iceland. The jagged coastline is at the end of Reydarfjordur and is the most dramatic landscape in East Iceland. The evening light just catches the sea cliffs. This seascape photo was taken during a tour around Iceland […]
- Aluminum Print Panorama Photo - Vestrahorn Mountain Winter, Iceland by IcelandAuroraPhotos35.80 GBPThis collectable aluminium print is in panorama - wide aspect. The Mountain at Vestrahorn is best viewed from Stokksnes point in East Iceland. The beach at Stokksnes Point is a black sand beach with hundreds of huge grass tussocks. One of the tussocks became a feature in my composition because I liked the way […]