Work the Foreground
Get intimate with your foreground. By intimate, I mean within touching distance, so if you put your hand out you would be able to feel the textures in the bottom of the photograph. This invites the viewer to step into the scene or to reach into the image. A strong foreground tells the viewer where you were when you took the picture it communicates a little bit of the space around you from a personal viewpoint.
Foreground or not?
- Does it over crowd the whole scene?
- Does it connect with other parts of the picture?
- Does it lead naturally into the scene?
- Does it have interesting detail and texture?
- Is it inviting?
- Does the scene need an invite?